My Thoughts...



Risk is essential.
There is no growth or inspiration in staying within what is safe and comfortable.

Not all who wander are lost

Saturday, April 23, 2011

A Series of Unfortunate Events...Well Actually Just One.

So this week was long.  I had an assessment day today though so no students which was nice.  I was able to finish with work by 1:30 to make it out climbing.  I finished a problem called The Cube that I've been wanting to on the first try of the day so that was very exciting.  The following few minutes were less exciting.  I tried a problem I had not before.  The landing was a little uneven but I wasn't climbing real hard and after a couple falls felt like the pad was in a good spot.  Well I fell off the move to the lip and found that there was a little void space under one corner of the pad.  I landed on it, tumbled uncomfortably, and immediately felt like I had broken my ankle.  As it popped I realized it has been quite some time since I had felt pain like that.  Maybe the ACL.  And yes this was worse than the devil branch that came for me on Ute Pass a couple weeks ago.  After a few minutes it started feeling better but I made the decision to go home (or Lauren made the decision for me by threatening something along the lines of, "Kevin Cady I will call Sue!"  Already on your team mom. I'm in trouble.  Anyway I got home and as the night progressed it has slowly start to feel worse.  I am less than thrilled to say the least.  I am currently sitting in the hurt leg position, foot up on couch cushions wrapped and under ice.  Unfortunately this is not my first rodeo.  Hope it heals quickly.

I understand many of you will find some sick enjoyment out of seeing me get hurt however if you do not want to see that, don't watch the video.  And don't comment on the noise I make when I f up my ankle.  I know it is ridiculous.





The Cube




Downclimb for The Cube




 Devil Problem








Swollen : (


No comments:

Post a Comment